15 Things to STOP Doing in 2016
With 2016 fast approaching, many people are brainstorming New Year’s resolutions for the coming year. Often times these resolutions involve many new things you need to do to improve your life and become your best self, but rather than make pledges of more things for you to do in 2016, we came up with a list of 15 things you need to STOP doing this year.
1. Stop over-scheduling yourself and wearing yourself too thin because doing so creates unnecessary stress.
2. Stop feeling bad for yourself because you are here for a reason! Find out what that reason is and do it.
3. Stop talking about your dream trip and actually take it because everyone needs a little adventure.
4. Stop making excuses for not taking care of your body because it’s the only one you’re ever going to get.
5. Stop resting on your laurels because to get your dream life you’ve got to work hard for it.
6. Stop living in the past because it robs you from joy in the present.
7. Stop comparing yourself to others because, as Teddy Roosevelt said, “Comparison is the thief of joy.”
8. Stop putting yourself down because if you tell yourself you are not good enough, pretty enough, or smart enough, your subconscious is accepting that as truth! Stop and give yourself compliments each day.
9. Stop putting things off because any changes you want in your life are worth working for!
10. Stop trying to impress others. The only person you need to impress is yourself. Set great goals and surround yourself with people who love and encourage you to be the best version of yourself.
11. Stop focusing on what you don’t have and focus on what you do have. Life is too short to grumble and complain every day.
12. Stop holding grudges because by doing so, you aren’t letting yourself heal. Talk it out with the person, and then let it go.
13. Stop being afraid of failure. Failure is an opportunity to learn and grow. To achieve greatness, you have to try great things.
14. Stop spending so much time on your phone and pick up a book, try a new hobby, and actually look people in the eyes.
15. Stop being ungrateful because you’ve got so much to appreciate and be thankful for! Have food in your fridge? Reading this from your computer or phone? So many people work hard just for a cup of clean water- you’ve got it made, my friend.
What are you going to STOP doing in 2016?