18 Tips to Lose Weight For Good
The secret to permanent weight loss is knowing that every decision, every second, of every day matters. If you’re looking for some ideas and inspiration on how to lose weight once and for all, check out the 25 tips below!
- Set a small, specific goal. Write it down and stick it on your bathroom mirror.
- Take before and after pictures — often your body shape changes before the number on the scale does.
- Surround yourself with friends and family who support you and your goals.
- Make a list of what works for you and continue doing them!
- Find an accountability partner to help you stay on track.
- Participate in constantly varied workouts — you’ll burnout and get bored if you do the same thing each day!
- Incorporate strength training into your exercise program — this will help your body build lean muscle and boost your basal metabolic rate.
- Track your exercise and the weights you use — this will allow you to see your improvements over time.
- Schedule your workouts like appointments in your calendar — would you bail on an important meeting with your boss? Then don’t bail on a workout.
- Keep a food journal — tracking keeps you aware of each of your choices! MyFitnessPal is an excellent app to use for this.
- Ditch the soda and diet soda- just because it has zero calories doesn’t mean it’s good for you.
- Load up on fiber-rich foods such as green beans, broccoli, avocado, spinach, carrots, raspberries, and more — these foods help you feel fuller, longer.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store – this is where the majority of fresh foods, meats, and vegetables live!
- Rid your pantry of all the junk! Toss the candy, ditch the chips, and stock your pantry with whole foods.
- Drink. More. Water.
- Sleep at least 8 hours each night – it will rejuvenate and restore your body!
- Stand up at least once an hour and take a lap around the office, a walk outside, or a stroll down the hall.
- Weigh in once a week – our weights fluctuate so much that weighing in once a week, at the same time, on the same scale in order to get the most accurate picture of what you weigh.
What’s the most helpful weight loss tip you’ve received? Share it in the comments below!