5 Simple Exercises to Improve Posture
If you’ve found yourself in a bit of a slump, pick yourself back up with these easy routine! Posture matters!
1. Shoulder Rolls- Stand in a comfortable position, and as you inhale raise your shoulder blades to your ears. On the exhale, pull your shoulder blades down and together. Repeat 10x.
2. Chest Release- Raise your arms to just below shoulder heigh with your palms facing forward. Exhale as you rotate both hands at the wrists so your fingers point slightly behind you. Take 5 breaths and repeat.
3. Pyramid- Step back with your left foot so that it is flat on the floor. Square your hips. With your legs straight, clasp your forearms behind your back, exhale, and lean forward from your hips — taking special care to not round your spine. Take 5 breaths before rising and switching sides.
4. Chair Pose- Stand and raise your arms in front to shoulder height. Contract your arm muscles and exhale as you bend your knees, keeping them over your toes. Take 2-3 deep breaths, stand, and repeat 3-5x.
5. Standing Side Bend- Touch your left hand to the side of your hand, guiding your head to the right until you feel a stretch along the left side of your body and shoulder. Take 3-5 deep breaths and switch sides.