8 Ways to Avoid Back Pain at the Office
Working long hours at the office can cause terrible back pain. Staring at the computer, looking down at electronics, toting heavy briefcases or backpacks, and even just sitting in an uncomfortable chair are some of the most common reasons for back pain at work. While we firmly believe the best way to alleviate and prevent back pain is to treat it at its source, through chiropractic, we wanted to offer up 8 ways you can avoid back pain at the office!
1. Take a break every 30 minutes or so. Get up, stretch your legs, walk a lap around the office, etc. to get your muscles moving again.
2. Keep your knees at a 90 degree angle. By having your knees directly over your ankles, your spine can stay supported.
3. Keep your head up and focus on aligning your head and neck right above your shoulders.
4. Move your mouse close to your keyboard so you don’t overreach and strain your shoulder or wrist.
5. Choose a great chair that provides your lower back with lumbar support and can be slightly reclined.
6. Breathe from your belly and think about drawing your bellybutton towards your spine. This engages the core and supports the upper body.
7. Stretch your shoulders by rolling them back and down and square them over your hips.
8. Don’t cross your legs because this makes it difficult to keep your spine straight and your shoulders squared.
If you are experiencing back pain, please give us a call today. We’d love to help you feel better, faster, so you can live your best life!