Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a great way to relieve stress, soothe sore muscles, and improve blood flow. At Pure Chiropractic, we are proud to offer massage therapy services along with our chiropractic treatments. Massage has even proven beneficial in treating common health conditions such as fibromyalgia, anxiety, arthritis, delayed onset muscle soreness, and more.
By the manual manipulation of muscular structure and soft body tissues, massage has helped people for thousands of years naturally treat mental and physical body ailments. Why has massage been around so long? Because it has amazing benefits! Check out these benefits of massage therapy:
- Treats lower back pain.
- In 13 clinical trials, massage was found to be beneficial for patients with acute and chronic lower back pain, especially when combined with other holistic treatment methods such as chiropractic.
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- A report published in the International Journal of Preventative Medicine found that patients who received massage therapy displayed lower blood pressure readings that those who did not receive massage therapy!
- Lowers depression, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Studies have found that depression is often triggered by active and chronic pain, and that depression in and of itself leads to worsened muscle tension and pain — a vicious cycle! Massage can help reverse this cycle by treating chronic muscle tension, pain, sleep issues, and depression by getting you back on the right track!
- Improves athletic performance and prevents injuries.
- Certain types of massage are designed to enhance athletic performance and recovery while preventing injuries. They also help establish blood flow to help muscles warm up before an event!
Start enjoying the benefits of massage therapy and book your appointment with our clinic today!