Benefits of Chiropractic Care Before, During, and After Pregnancy
From the moment of conception and through recovery from delivery, pregnancy takes your body on an incredible journey. The remarkable changes create postural changes as your center of gravity shifts and the baby places increased pressure on the spine (specifically the low back, hips, and pelvis).
In addition to the physical changes the body endures during pregnancy, hormonal changes and chemical reactions also take place in both mommy and baby. These changes and reactions are all controlled by and coordinated through the nervous system, housed in the spine.
A healthy spine and nervous system are essential during pregnancy so that your body can adapt quickly and efficiently to its ever-changing requirements. Chiropractic care is safe during pregnancy when provided by a chiropractor who has been trained to work with pregnant women. Check out all of the benefits it has to offer before, during, and after pregnancy!
Benefits of Chiropractic Care Before Pregnancy
- Restores proper nerve supply to reproductive organs
- Prepares the body to be strong and balanced in order to carry the pregnancy
- Can help regulate menstrual cycles and uterine function
Benefits of Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
- A more comfortable pregnancy and delivery
- Significantly less likelihood of back labor
- A 50% reduced need for pain medication
- 84% of women who receive chiropractic care during pregnancy report back pain relief
- A 24%-39% faster than average labor time
- Significantly reduced use of epidurals, forceps, vacuum extraction, episiotomies, and Cesarean sections
- Reduced likelihood of postpartum depression
Benefits of Chiropractic Care During the Postpartum Period
- Restores nerve function and communication in the central nervous system to speed up recovery and healing
- Treatment of mother and baby can help with the breastfeeding relationship
- Corrects subluxations that may have occurred for mom and baby during delivery
If you are trying to conceive, expecting, or recovering from delivery, we would love to see you! Chiropractic care can help make your pregnancy and recovery as enjoyable as possible so that you can focus on that sweet bundle of joy!