Date Night Restaurants Near Howell
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! Every year on February 14, millions across the globe celebrate love with chocolates, flowers, candy, and gifts, all given in the name of St. Valentine.
As you’re starting to brainstorm your Valentine’s Day plans and gifts, Pure Chiropractic wanted to offer some ideas to make the planning process easier! Read on for the history of Valentine’s Day, local Valentine’s Day restaurant suggestions, and Valentine’s Day gift ideas for the whole family!
History of Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day was originally established as a religious holiday honoring the Christian martyr who lost his life during the reign of Roman Emperor Claudius II.
According to several historical accounts, Valentine, a holy priest in Rome, was persecuted for his Christian faith and eventually executed on February 14, 270 A.D. While accounts of his crimes vary from source to source, the common theme is that Valentine was secretly performing Christian marriage ceremonies during a time of war when Claudius had placed a ban on marriage — he believed it made men weak.
While imprisoned for his crimes, Valentine fell in love with the jail keeper’s daughter. Before his execution he wrote her a love letter and signed it, “from your Valentine,” a phrase many of us still use today!
Valentine became a symbol of love and compassion across the globe, and his legacy is celebrated each year on Valentine’s Day.
We wanted to offer our readers some suggestions on great date night restaurants to visit on this special day of love! Read below for some of our favorite, local spots. We think you’ll really enjoy them!
Valentine’s Day Restaurant Ideas near Howell, MI
Diamonds Steak and Seafood– Located in the heart of downtown Howell, Diamonds serves amazing food made from scratch recipes! This family owned and operated restaurant is sure to impress your Valentine while filling you up with delicious cuisine.
- 209 East Grand River Avenue, Howell, MI 48843
- (517) 548-7500
Buon Gusto Bistro– Buon Gusto Bistro serves amazing Italian cuisine right in the heart of downtown Brighton. Join them for a Valentine’s day meal you and yours will adore.
- 501 W Main Street, Brighton, MI 48116
- (810) 229-7770
Block Brewing Company– Block brewing company serves up craft beers and great food! They strive to use all local or Michigan based companies, making this a restaurant you can be proud to support this Valentine’s Day.
- 1140 S Michigan Ave, Howell, MI 48843
- (517) 540-0300
Firewood Grill– Firewood Grill has an intimate atmosphere that you and your Valentine will enjoy. Excellent service, tasty food, and great happy hour specials make this a must-try spot.
- 1202 E. Grand River Ave., Howell, MI 48843
- (517) 618-7204
Sushi Zen– Sushi Zen has some of the best sushi in town! Head on over for some delicious, casual dining.
- 114 W Grand River Ave, Brighton, MI 48116
- (810) 225-3330
La Vita Bistro– La Vita Bistro offers home-made, Italian cuisine. The beautiful atmosphere and yummy food will surely please your Valentine! The generous portions will also likely send you home with leftovers!
- 102 S. Howell Street, Pinckney , Michigan 48169
- (734) 878-1111
Uptown Coffee House– Start your Valentine’s Day off right with a cup of joe from Uptown Coffee house! Try their frittata of the day or a delicious pastry too!
- 102 E. Grand River, Howell, MI 48843
- (517) 546-1124
Brighton Bar and Grill– Brighton Bar and Grill is an American Bistro located in downtown Brighton. They serve high quality food, friendly service, and an atmosphere you will love!
- 400 W. Main Street, Brighton, MI 48116
- (810) 229-4115
Alexander’s Land & Sea Grille– Alexander’s is a premier seafood and steak restaurant located in Brighton. Their fresh and high-quality meats, friendly service, and inviting atmosphere will have you and yours coming back time and time again.
- 10180 Grand River Rd, Brighton MI 48116
- (810) 588-6170
Stillwater Grill– Stillwater Grill has been voted best restaurant in Livingston County for 17 years straight since inception. That should speak for its reputation!
- 503 W. Grand River Avenue, Brighton, MI 48116
- (888) 456-3463
Not sure what to get your Valentine for the holiday this year? Looking for something a little different than flowers and chocolate? We can help! Check out our suggestions below for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the women, men, and kids in your life.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Women
- A beautiful wooden watch from Jord
- A multipurpose clutch from Fashionable
- A constantly rotating supply of beauty products from Birchbox
- A beautiful and romantic candle from Paddywax
- A cozy sleep shirt from Eberjey
- A Capri Blue personal travel diffuser from Anthropologie
- A crimson heart umbrella from Uncommon Goods
- A “You Complete Me” jigsaw puzzle from Amazon
- A set of cocoa butter bathtub truffles from Uncommon Goods
- A gorgeous jewelry dish from Anthropologie
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Men
- A STATE Nevin’s backpack from Bloomingdale’s
- A scratch Match from Uncommon Goods
- An on-the-go Espresso Maker from Amazon
- A The Essentials Shave bundle from Bevel
- A bonfire candle from BrandIron
- A Levelheaded Paperweight from Uncommon Goods
- A “Hey Handsome” shaving kit from Domino
- An Americana deluxe wallet from Aha Life
- A set of Monopoly hat playing piece cufflinks from Cufflinks.Com
- A crate customized with a few of his favorite things from Man Crates
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Kids
- A set of tumbling tower building blocks from Amazon
- A sweet tote stencil kit from Domino
- A peaceful animal night light from Anthropologie
- A pair of “design your own” headphones from Uncommon Goods
- A “Why You’re So Awesome” journal from Amazon
- A superhero lollipop craft kid from Oriental Trading
- A set of monster hands temporary tattoos from Amazon
- A Peter Rabbit library boxed set from Amazon
- A dual heart iphone and micro USB charging cable from Kikkerland
- A “Dear Valentine” Madlibs book from Amazon
At Pure Chiropractic, we care about our patients’ spines and beyond! We hope this list of restaurants and gift ideas makes your Valentine’s Day extra special and full of love.