A Summer Health Cheat Sheet
Summer is here! This time of year can be so busy and full of activities, trips, family time, and more. Through the hustle and bustle (and hopefully relaxation too!) it is a good idea to take some proactive steps on ways to stay healthy this season. Preventive care is the best way to fight disease and live a long, healthy, full life.
Whether you and your friends and family plan to visit the neighborhood pool, hit the hiking trails, load up the van for a road trip, or enjoy a nice staycation in Howell, Michigan, feeling your best will make each of these activities more enjoyable!
We’ve compiled a list of 8 simple steps for you and yours to take this summer in order to boost your health! Read on for 8 of our tips to help keep you healthy and active this season.
8 Simple Steps to Better Health This Summer
1. Get rid of the junk in your diet. For some this may be difficult to accept, but the junk in your diet has got to go. Use this season as a fresh start. Eliminate junk food, fast food, fried foods, and added sugars from your diet. Focus on getting your complex carbs from fruits and vegetables and less from grains. It’s worth it to put in a little more time and effort to freshen up your diet with fresh fruits and veggies this summer when they are in their peak season!
2. Drink more water. If you are still drinking soft drinks, stop. You already know they are bad for you. Cut back or eliminate the amount of juices and sports drinks you and your family drink as well. Water is the best way to stay hydrated and refreshed this season! It will keep you hydrated, will boost your health, will make your skin glow, and isn’t packed with sugars and calories.
3. Eat your fruits and vegetables. Doctors recommend eating a minimum of 5 to 7 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Summer is a great time to try and up your fruit and veggie intake and to get the entire family involved. Head to a local farmers market and let each family member pick out some of their favorite produce, as well as one new type of fruit or vegetable to try. You can even take it a step further and work on recipes together with your produce haul!
4. Do not skip breakfast. You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Do not let your summer schedule get the best of you. Start each morning off right with a well-balanced breakfast. Choose from healthy foods such as steel-cut oats, eggs, vegetables, fruits, raw nut butters, and more. Try to hit a healthy balance between carbs, fats, and protein in order to fuel you for the day ahead.
5. Choose healthy fats and proteins. Make it a point this summer to be intentional about where you are sourcing your fats, proteins, and carbs. Try and choose healthier sources of fat and protein such as avocados, fish, and lean cuts of meat. This will boost your brain health and your energy levels!
6. Get your beauty rest. You need to get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Make this a priority! Sleep helps your entire body and its systems reset. Adequate sleep plays an important role in your hormonal health, weight, mood, and more.
7. Exercise! Aim to exercise at least 30 minutes each day, 3 to 5 times per week. Even simply taking a walk can do wonders for your overall health. Head outside, hit the running or walking trails, go to a CrossFit box, dance away the day with Zumba, you name it – it’s time to get active this season. Make sure you use proper stretching before and after your exercise to keep your muscles limber and avoid injuries.
8. Get routine chiropractic care. Chiropractic care is about far more than pain management. It has been proven time and time again to boost immunity, promote better sleep, reduce recovery time, increase energy, treat aches and pains, and more! Incorporate routine chiropractic care into your summer wellness routine in order to feel your best this season!
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Chiropractic care seeks to help the body learn to heal itself. Subluxations can be present in the spine long before symptoms present themselves. When subluxations occur in the spine, the body cannot function as it should. Nerve communication is interrupted, bodily functions don’t operate at their peak performance, and eventually symptoms appear.
Poor sleep, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, back or neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, ear infections, seasonal allergies, headaches, and everything in between are indications that subluxations in the spine exist. All of these ailments make it difficult to fully enjoy each day.
Drs. Chris and Krystal Hohn at Pure Chiropractic in Howell, Michigan long to help each patient live their best life. They firmly believe chiropractic plays an integral part in this! Through targeted spinal adjustments, they can correct subluxations in the spine and help patients feel their best. Proven benefits of chiropractic adjustments include, but are not limited to:
- Increased range of motion
- Better sleep
- Improved mood
- Fewer headaches
- Faster recovery time
- Reduced pain
- Increased energy
- Better athletic performance
- Easier labor and delivery during pregnancy
Contact Pure Chiropractic Today
If you’re ready to make this summer your best yet, contact Pure Chiropractic today! Drs. Chris and Krystal Hohn can help you jump start your path to wellness this season. Through regular chiropractic care, exercise, and proper nutrition, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish this summer.
Reach us by phone at (810) 588-4036 or by email at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you on your pathway to better health!