Epsom Salt: Benefits and Uses
Most likely you’ve heard about epsom salt, but few people truly understand what sets epsom salt apart from other salts, and the wide array of uses it has! Epsom salt is different from other traditional salts because it’s actually a mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate.
Benefits of Epsom Salt- There are infinite ways to use Epsom salt in your daily life — here are some of the top benefits of Epsom salt:
1. Boosts magnesium levels. It’s incredibly common to have a magnesium deficiency, and by simply soaking your feet (or entire body) in a bath containing Epsom salt, internal levels of magnesium can be increased without the use of magnesium supplements!
2. Eliminates toxins. The sulfates in Epsom salt help the body flush out toxins from the body’s cells. By adding Epsom salt to your bathwater, you trigger a process called reverse osmosis, which pills salt out of your body and the harmful toxins along with it.
3. Reduce stress. Everyone knows that a nice, relaxing, warm bath is a great way to unwind at the end of a long day. By adding one or two cups of Epsom salt to your bathwater, the magnesium in the Epsom salt will help relax your muscles and your mind.
4. Reduces pain and inflammation. A warm bath containing Epsom salt can ease pain and relieve inflammation. It can also help heal cuts and reduce the swelling associated with sprains and bruises.
5. Improves blood sugar levels. Epsom salt is a great source of magnesium, and healthy magnesium levels have been linked with a reduced risk of developing diabetes.
Do you have a favorite Epsom salt use? Let us know in the comments below!