Reasons to Strengthen Your Core
Many of us strive for a strong core because we want that “perfect beach body,” but with summer soon ending, we are here to offer you some long-term, lasting motivation on reasons why you need to strengthen your core.
Your core is about more than just your ab muscles. It’s your body’s powerhouse! It facilitates movement and houses your inner organs and central nervous system — safe to say your core is a big deal. Here are a few reasons why you should keep your core strong:
- Help Prevent Injuries
- Building a strong core requires more than just doing crunches. You need to build both core stability (those deep internal muscles close to the spine) and core strength (those six-pack abs). A rock-solid core will help ensure that your movements are strong and will keep injuries at bay!
- Protect Your Inner Organs and Central Nervous System
- Your core houses a majority of your internal organs, your protects your spine and central nervous system, and is also where your body’s largest (and most important) veins and arteries abide. Having a strong core will help ensure everything stays protected as you move throughout your day.
- Banish Back Pain
- Back pain is quickly becoming an epidemic across the United States, and weak core muscles can often be the culprit. When ab muscles are weak, it’s often because back muscles are overly strong, creating an unbalance in the body. Through chiropractic adjustments and strengthening your core, back pain can be a thing of the past!
- Get a Strong, Confident Posture
- A strong core helps you have an upright posture, not only protecting your spine but also exuding confidence and strength to those around you. Practice good posture every chance you get — in the car, at the office, etc. Posture matters.
Now that you know why you need a strong core, check out this video to show you how you can strengthen yours!